All Bangladesh industrial enterprise is required to be registered with Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA). Without it, investors/entrepreneurs will not be able to obtain many essential licenses and permits such as Import Registration Certificate, Export Registration Certificate, Bond License, etc. BIDA registration is also mandatory for obtaining an industrial plot in the special economic zone.
PROCESS FOR REGISTRATION WITH BIDA
The investor is required to collect the application form from BIDA and submit the filled up form to the respective department of BIDA. The form is required to be supported by relevant documents. The list of the required documentation is provided below.
FOR LOCAL INVESTMENT PROJECT:
- A valid Trade License
- Two copies of the application in the prescribed form duly filled in,
- Two attested copies of deeds of the proposed land (if the land is owned by the entrepreneur, then attach copies of the original deed or copy of loan agreement for rented building)
- Two copies of the project profile if the cost of the project exceeds Taka 5 Crore.
- A pay order/bank draft for registration fees, (from any scheduled bank) in favor of “Executive Chairman and Member-Secretary, Board of Investment”.
- (a) For Partnership Firms: Two attested copies of Partnership Deed;
(b) For Public/Private Limited Company: Memorandum and Articles of Association and Certificate of Incorporation.
- Membership Certificate from the local chamber of commerce or trade association (Only for an existing enterprise)
FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT/JOINT VENTURE PROJECT
- Two copies of the application in the prescribed form duly filled in.
- Certificate of Incorporation along with Memorandum & Articles of Association in case of Public/Private Limited Company.
- In the case of the Joint Venture Project (JV), two copies of the Joint Venture Agreement duly signed in by both parties.
- Two attested copies of deeds of the proposed land (if the land is owned by the entrepreneur, then attach copies of the original deed or copy of loan agreement for the rented building).
- If the total project cost exceeds Tk. 50 (fifty) million, two copies of Project Profile.
- Background of the Promoters in official letterhead pad describing a) Name, b) Permanent address, c) Mailing Address, d) Position and e) Nationality (7 (seven) copies).
- List of machinery indicating quantity and price (7 (seven) copies).
- In case the project is financed by a loan, copy of relevant documents in support of loan 2 (two) copies].
- A pay order/bank draft is applicable of the registration fee in favor of “Executive Chairman and Member-Secretary, Board of Investment”.